Darkroom is Up and Running

by Jamie Bennett

So the darkroom is up and running. I blacked out the windows in my utility room and began setting screens this last weekend. The room still needs some more blacking out to be totally light proof but I am really happy with how things are going.I took some old blacked out billboards and started hanging them here and there throughout the room – taping over any holes with black duct tape. I could have easily spent the entire weekend continuing to black out the room but I was ready to set some screens. It had been years since the last time I actually screen printed anything.

I had just gotten some presensitized photo emulsion and I was just too excited to wait any longer. I waited till the sun moved low enough in the sky to begin setting the screens without fear of overexposing them. I had cleaned off some old screens and had them standing at the ready. 

I waited roughly four hours for the screens to dry. It is always really important to make sure the screens are totally dry. Better safe than sorry and without the room totally sealed off from light, the whole evening was riding on my perfect timing.
Read More....
Comments
See Older Posts...